It has been nearly a week since my last posting?! A few weeks back I posted about using old stash and making two scrappy baby bargello quilt tops. These had been set aside to be my first "real" quilts for Gam. (besides the plain muslin) In keeping cost low, I was trained using inexpensive polyester batting so I decided to use that up. I figured if there was any screw ups it wouldn't cost me much and this isn't a quilt I wish to keep anyway. The backing (should have taken a photo) was leftover cotton fabric I used for my kitchen curtains way back in 1993! I was into blues and mauves....it blends! I'll stitch the binding to the back this evening.
The following picture....and sorry I didn't realize I hadn't turned the photo.....is just random blocks I started making about 8 years ago while living in Germany. I'd set aside strips in a shoe box and every now and then when I had the urge to sew but not have a "real" project going, I could instantly gratify the need. I've pulled out what blocks I do have made and stitched them so I can also get this one on Gam and then share the whole quilt with you. This pattern is super easy with each block just using two strips!